Humanist Entrepreneur Project Grants
Humanist Global / Brighter Brains Institute has provided 71 project grants in the last five years, delivering funds to humanists (primarily in Subsaharan Africa) to help them achieve economic sustainability.
In 2019 BBI is awarding grants for projects with budgets of $300. Our goal is to at least fully fund 5 projects per month, and partially fund another 5 projects - but in June 2019 we were lucky enough fully fund 13 proposals.
We encourage you to contact us via email to find our about your eligibility.
Our VERY IMPORTANT RULES are as follows:
1. Do Not Send in a proposal without first inquiring about your chance of eligibility. We are not accepting Uganda proposals until January 1, 2020, and all Nigeria proposals need to be approved by Mubarak Bala.
2. Applicants must be humanists; tell us which humanist organization(s) you belong to.
3. You must agree with our Humanist Oath (written by Mubarak Bala).
4. We cannot fund “closeted” humanists. We provide 100% transparency to donors and government officials. We ONLY FUND humanists who are comfortable with their name and face presented as “humanist” on our website. Do not send us information that you don’t want shared with the public.
4. All applications must be received in the BODY OF THE EMAIL.
5. DO NOT SEND Tables or Graphs (below). Applications with Tables or Graphs are disqualified.
7. All questions and requests emailed to you MUST BE ANSWERED WITHIN 48 HOURS. We need to provide quick information to our donors. If you are sent a question and you do not reply in 2 days, your application will be removed.
8. All women’s organizations must be directed by women.
9. We do not fund Pigs, Rabbits, or Sugarcane.
10. Budget numbers must be in US dollars.
11. If selected, the recipient will get partial funds initially, with a request to send us a letter of appreciation for the donor(s) and photo of yourself holding a sign. After these two items are received, additional funds can be sent.
12. If you don’t receive the grant the first time you apply, you can re-submit your proposal in a following month.
APPLICATION (fill this out and send to us)
Name of Project:
Individual’s Name or Name of Group:
Names of Members, if its a Group:
Humanist Organization You Belong To:
Do You agree with the Humanist Oath? - YES or NO
Photo of yourself or the group doing the activity that you seek funding for:
Contact person’s name who will receive funds:
Contact person’s email address:
Your Bank, Bank Account #, Full Legal Name on Bank Account:
Your Mobile Phone Number, with the address of the person who has the phone account, and their Mobile Money Service (Airtel, Warid, MTN, etc):
Explain why you are a Humanist/Atheist. If you are an Ex-Muslim or Ex-Christian - explain why you left that religion.
Project Budget (list all items needed and their cost) Total must the $300 or less:
Project Projected Income (explain how much money it will make per month, show timeline)
Who Benefits from the Project?
email application - in the BODY OF THE EMAIL - to email@example.com